Monday, February 22, 2010

Quite The Hottie

This post is rated Blogoshpere Mature Audiences

Having a smokin’ hot body takes on new meaning at my age! *fanning* We’ve all heard of hot flashes, right? Right. And some of us have heard the old saying, “Horses sweat, men perspire, women glow.” – referring to when they’re hot. Well if that’s the case, then sometimes my glow may be blinding! I’m not complaining (who’d listen?) Just sayin’…

As a young at heart type of person, my tendency is to gravitate toward the lighter side of life… and finesse charmed outcomes when confronted with onerous situations (I’ve had a few!) It’s fun to flip a topic over in my mind, from tragic to at least tolerable. When something is hard for me to deal with, I break it down into passable bits that I can handle on all levels (you know – mind/body connection) so I can then “get a grip!” *grins* Now this change of life occurrence has presented a riveting force of nature.

Just a couple months after our fourth and final teenager left for college (thus emptying the nest -- hello naked Fridays!) the proverbial biological clock of womanhood struck menopause in my world, and hormones began to erupt every hour (I’m picturing hot lava!) *whoa* That was 15 months ago. Hubby and I are happy, healthy productive members of society, with good careers and fun hobbies. My debut children’s book came out that same month… the momentum of our well-balanced life smoothly streams along… everything’s cool (except for my body!) *sizzle* I’m grateful for a cold winter, so I can step outside for an instant remedy! Nudist camps are starting to appeal to me. *kidding* Meditation helps.

Distance running is a form of meditation for me, and has served me well for 25 years. That’s right, for one quarter of a century I ran an average of 30 miles per week… outdoors… in northern Illinois… season after season (consecutively!) No, I’m not a marathoner – no desire or sense of competitiveness, just hooked on the daily dose of endorphins (love the analgesic effects!) And it provides lots of time to ponder. Thought bubbles float across the horizon of my mind… ways to cope with current conditions. But the thing is, having a hot flash – I call them power surges (because I feel like ripping my clothes off in true Super Hero spirit!) every hour, around the clock (for over a year, thank you very much!) uses up a lot of energy… it’s like I morph into a 5’3” personal steam room. *whew* My nights consist of a series of naps between days… oh yes, interrupted sleep… like when the kids were babies. I’m so glad to be self-employed (no super early appointments in my scheduler!) and glad that my massage clients feel extra comfort whenever my hands are particularly toasty! *ahhh* So alas, I’ve rounded out my workouts with less running and more other cardio/weights as daily energy levels permit… it feels good. And have taken to carrying a tissue or folded up paper towel (super absorbent brand!) for blotting the “condensation” (remember women glow, men perspire!) *giggles* I can totally make it over this speed bump of life – it’s a natural process, after all… and I’m a bona fide natural woman, albeit smokin’ hot.

So if you’re feeling cold… cozy up here for a hug during one of my hourly power surges… just bring a tissue or something to blot with… and I’ll try not to doze off on your shoulder!

Have a fabulous week... I’ll be back here next Monday ☺

~peace~

1 comment:

  1. I will wait you.Thanks.I cannot send emails to your email...laurie@baonthinks.com I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete