Tuesday, May 4, 2010

See-through Nights

Now I can add insomnia to my list of hobbies! *sigh* Hey, I may as well spin it in a positive light, right? Right! (If you’ll forgive the pun.) Sleep used to be my friend. What happened? Was it something I said? Aside: I do say stuff, so that is a possibility! *giggles* Just because all the other grrrls my age are doing it, doesn’t mean my body has to follow suit (quite the punster today!) *grins* Now I’m picturing myself admonishing my self (wagging a petite finger)… “If they all jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?” Well actually, after 18 months of sleep deprivation (lots of time to count things during the night) I just might join the party-in-the-offing (can you stand another pun?) But seriously, how’s a modern lady supposed to stay fabulous when her hormonal self keeps her awake most nights? *lamenting* And no, don’t bother offering me sleeping pills or HRT… I’m the naturopathic sort… in search of an organic magic bullet (wish me luck!) It’s totally cool with me if you want to share a fav time-honored panacea… to help out the sisterhood, as it were… just post your comment below.

Meanwhile, I keep my mind amused in the wee hours while hubby catches some Zs (it is a comfort just knowing that it still is humanly possible for a body to have a good night’s sleep – even if it’s not my own!) Out of habit – and laziness (hey, it’s the middle of the night, after all) – I stay in our bed, rather than trundle off to another room. So here I am, lying in the dark pretending not to care about all of the so-called relevant issues (real or imagined) that my brain submits for consideration as a possible subject of neurosis. *ruminating* And it’s really kinda fascinating to stare at darkness for a while… for one thing, that’s when eyeball floaters are invisible (yes!)… another phenomenon to note: at certain angles some objects seem to disappear (one of the blades on our wooden ceiling fan, for example!) One other mesmerizing visual is the appearance of colors within the darkness – joking aside – it’s hypnotic, and dare I say… a bona fide sleep-inducer.

Have a fabulous week! I’ll be back here Monday (or Tuesday)

~peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment