Monday, April 5, 2010

Online Shopper Climax

Just so you know – in the world of Laurie Dean – wardrobe is a verb! *nods* Some people can go into a fitting room, try on their selections, and be out lickety-split… I am not one of those people. *grins* Don’t get me wrong here… I can be decisive for sure… it’s just that my mind likes to see the big picture of possibilities. You know, like how this new – fill in the blank item of fashion interest – will go with what I already have (which, in total, fills a good size closet, thank you very much!) This high level of precision mental imagery and deliberation takes time… but it’s so much fun! *passion* And ever since I’ve gotten used to internet shopping (secure online checkout systems rock!) it’s even more delightful.

There are tons of retail websites to browse among (a world-wide mall) and most of them will save my selections in a virtual shopping bag… while I shop around... at a myriad of my fav online stores. Often times this leisure activity is enjoyed over the course of several days (gotta get work done too!) Ya know what’s really cool? Some sites have a virtual Laurie Dean mannequin that can “try on” clothes as I choose. Yes! So, I take my sweet time looking at each item… on zoom… in rotation… front… back… and in different colors too. This gives me an instant idea of how my cyberspace duds may look in person… but of course, cannot exactly replace the thrill of actually “wardrobing” right here… where my entire house becomes a giant fitting room, with scads of accessories to mix and match, various sources of both indoor and natural light, and mirrors galore for seeing all the cute angles! Oh, the amusement of prancing and posing along my own personal catwalk (2nd floor hallway, overlooking foyer) – it’s bona fide recreation, plain and simple. *giggles* And my “playing schedule”, if you will, conveniently coincides with the changing seasons. Out with the old, well-worn, passé pieces (off to donate at a local charity) and in with some terrific new threads! *yippee*

Now my mind is made up… online order has been processed… and the anticipation of receiving my retail delivery is heightened with the ever-popular Package Tracking email notification message. It’s so exciting to know where my package is on a given day… cleared U.S. customs… getting closer… out for delivery (even hubby likes to track things he orders online!) This system is the best invention since mass produced chocolate bars, right? Right! Hmmm… usually UPS is on our street by now. *sigh* Speaking of chocolate, must self-medicate – a couple squares of Godiva dark to ease the pang of desire – until aha! The doorbell! At last!

Have a fabulous week! I’ll be back here Monday ☺

~peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment