Monday, March 29, 2010

My Body Minds

One of the best feelings ever on this planet is to be blissed-out on a massage table… having reached a state of perfect happiness within my body… completely oblivious of everything else. *ahhh* And ya know what – it’s at this time of complete mind-body balance that I feel weightless too! *whee* It’s like my essential self is floating inside the human vessel of earthbound physical matter, that is Laurie Dean personified. And I become aware that the infinite expanse of universal energy, which unites all life, is really my inner being – connected to outer space (totally liberating sensation!) It’s the coolest thing, and starts from the moment my massage therapist makes physical contact… thus completing a somatic circuit, I guess, yet allowing a sense of having a boundless spirit. *astronomical*

No matter how tense and stressed out I am prior to a massage, this whole Zen thing happens with great regularity (every time, thank you very much!) *endorphins* But actually, it did take me a while to learn how to turn my brain off, and focus my awareness deeply inward. Get this: for the very first massage I received – a 30-minute Swedish style, when I was 30 years old – I kept my eyes open during the entire session! *sheesh* This central nervous system organ, AKA brain, sure does think highly of itself. *pun* And tends to launch “think attacks” at the most unsuitable moments… like late at night, or while driving, or – hello! – on the massage table. *futile* Here’s how it works: my body receives signals via the nervous system, regarding actions that my brain associates with the thoughts that it’s cogitating on… and being the good body that she is… minds the messages her smarty brain is sending… and voila, tension builds up in all of the muscles which are prepped for action – but really have nothing to do (massage time, remember!)

Anyway, now my body minds the therapeutic touch of massage too, and totally relaxes whenever that contact is made. As the recipient, I become free from the internal grip of muscular tension, and my soul soars, while my tranquil body remains still tethered by the physical connection of my massage therapist. As the giver of massage (Licensed & Nationally Certified) I remain free from emotional attachment to my clients, while facilitating the flow of universal energy through the conduit of human contact. *serenity* This bona fide interaction between the dimensions of mind/body/spirit/behavior can be dynamic, profound, and subtle… all at once! *awesome* And inspires me to share this poem, which I wrote in 2002, for a friend who was experiencing heartache (he’s all better now!)

Always I Am

I am
The summer prairie.
Clear
Blue sky of
Warmth.
Fragrant
Colorful flowers, prairie grasses,
Breeze.
Dimensions
Of space, time,
Growing
And always changing, yet
Ever present
Around you.
“Lie
in my soft meadow
With me,
Be.
Feel
Roots seeping
Deeply homeward.”
Life’s
Embrace from within
Mingling
Yours, mine.
Passionate
Hands hold the
Essence.
Connection
With pulsing force
To
Molten core that is your
Self –
Preciously kept treasure of
Love.

Have a fabulous week… I’ll be back here Monday ☺

~peace~

1 comment: